Thursday, February 21, 2013

give me a reason



I'm trying to work out the habit of blogging more frequently like I did before (3 years ago...), and since I'm skipping school today, heree i am!
 I'm supposed to be joining the lot of my friends to Brastagi for our field trip I was really looking forward to and THAT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR. I was so close to going until the blasted newspaper decided to print out articles about the longsor, soil erosion, street blockage thingy thats apparently happening thereand Mom happened to read it. So after a lecture of dangers, risks and my debate that I'm going to stay alive to no avail, I ended up getting the privilege to skip school while reading tweets from my friends saying how much fun they're having. Yep.

Anyway, let me introduce the newest additon to the family!
I have to say I'm quite lucky since I actually got this iPod 5 at about 1/4 the original price. How? Well, weeks weeks ago, me and my family went into this gathering event thing iPlug arranged in Bakerzin (which I couldn't be bothered to go but their iPhone5 lucky draw caught my attention) that lasted for 7 whole hours. They had a glee karaoke competition where you had to sing onstage with a mic, following the words and pitch accuracy bar thing in the glee app itself. Well, I didn't pay that much attention to it since I loathe performing onstage but in the middle of the contest, the MC went all "..and remember! The highest scorer will be bringing home an iPod!!" and I sat up straight. You see, my iPod isn't exactly in its best state, the back part that used to be shiny looked like a cat had viciously attacked it and the screen is sort of popping out due to me dropping it around 40 times at least. You have to jab  hard at the home button to get it to work. So Mom began nudging me encouraging me to join while reminding me of my crappy iPod. Despite my firm "NO, MOM I DON'T WANT TO"s and childish scowls, she gestured them anyway so thats how I ended up joining the contest.

Since mine was a last minute sign up, I had no choice but to choose one of their contestants song 'Soul Sister'. I swear I was depending so hard on the pitch accuracy bar to get the highest score I practically sounded like a monotonous robot and kind of screwed up around the rap part. To be honest, I could   feel the audience getting bored since I was their last contestant. Anyway long story short, I got the highest and went home with an iPod 4. Went to the iPlug store, returned them the iPod 4 and bought the iPod 5 minus the iPod 4's price. Even in proffesional high-class singing competition, you'd only win a flimsy piece of paper or a trophy but with only uttering a few words with an auto-tuned mic and consistently keeping up with the pitch to win an iPod? I have to admit that wasn't the fairest situation but whatever! :P



OK. I owe this ALOT to Mom, if it wasn't for her I'd end up with my old, scarred, crashing-constantly, smudged, barely functioning old iPod which btw, just recently fell into a deep coma after I accidentally spilled water all over it in my bag. Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment