Monday, July 21, 2014

hello

Jesus this feels unnatural.

 I can't remember the last time the thought of me logging on into my blogger account to update a well deserved post to a bunch of strangers online has ever crossed my mind. To be quite honest, I don't even remember why I thought it was a good idea to set this blog aside seeing how it used to be a big part of my life. I mean I started blogging from 2009, flooding this blog with daily posts of my childish ignorant opinions and vivid detailed accounts of my day that nobody even cares about. This blog was a BIG deal to me, it was the stepping stone of my internet addiction yes, but still I committed heck loads of my effort to it. It was more like a personal journal of a dumb 11 year old who clearly doesn't know that some things should be kept offline  rather than a blog that's worth your time to visit. But despite that, I'm not gonna lie, this blog DID have active readers, more than you'd think a blog stuck with the address 'http://www.selinathebest.blogspot.com' would attract. It's still a wonder how people managed to take me seriously when I had that ridiculous, conceited web address for 3 whole years. That itself speaks a lot on how demented I was as a 5th grader.

But now I'm back (hopefully I don't get bored and quit again) just simply because I miss the thrill of blogging. I miss how I'd dash home from school, make myself comfortable in a chair and spend the next 10 minutes furiously typing just whatever I had on my mind at that moment. Its crazy how easy words seemed to flow out of my hands and I could write just about anything and I mean ANYTHING.
 3 years ago, I would have no problem writing a wordy blog post about something as random as 'kitchen utensils' and now, I could come home from a luxurious trip to Paris and still struggle to come up with words to describe the experience.  Like now, I'm constantly stopping at mid-sentence and doing a weird finger dance at the keyboard while racking my brains on what to write. 

My point is, I just feel like this was the perfect timing for a fresh start. I have 2 weeks left of 'summer' break before I start school as a 10th grader and I've always loved the idea of having your own little customised website that you have complete control over. In my case, I've decided to make this a life journal blog, not that my life is exactly a roller coaster and worth sharing but I figured I could just toss in a few pictures to fill the gap as I already have a lot lying around my laptop. The part where I actually write stuff, thats the hard part. I've barely picked up a book the whole summer so I figured this blog could act as a training practise for my writing at the same time. At this point, I don't really care if I only have 3 people scrolling through my blog cause thats partly my fault for abandoning it for a loooooong time.  But anyway, I guess I've said nearly everything I need to say. Obviously I still need to sort out the whole layout and get rid of the ridiculous tacky header I have right now but for now, here's a picture of my cutie patootie pupsie fur ball:



Yes I have a puppy now, a mini pomeranian called Lemon.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back selinaaa! Akhirnya ngeblog lagi yaa hihi

    ReplyDelete